Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
If we don’t act now, constitutional restraints on presidential warmaking will be eviscerated.
The bill reads like a wish list for NATO and Kiev.
Neocon think tanks get millions from wealthy donors, which they use to game the system, buy influence—and push for regime change.
With Senator Foreign Relations chairman and Cuba hawk Robert Menendez mired in scandal, the embargo could finally be lifted.
The successful smear campaign against him undermined a key principle of our justice system: that everyone is entitled to legal representation.
As Senator Feinstein has revealed, the CIA will not only stall but even spy on Congress to impede its investigation of wrongdoing.
The details of the CIA’s torture program may finally come to light.
Despite the uproar over reductions to defense funding, less than 1 percent of the Pentagon's beefy $550 billion budget will be cut this year.
Amy Treptow came to Washington to tell her story of climbing out of poverty. Some elected officials were more interested than others.
A bipartisan bill would end the NSA’s bulk data collection as we know it.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box