Nation Topics - Climate Change
News and Features
The California governor wants to be known as a climate leader. But he has said yes to fracking—for now.
How about a 40 percent cut by 2030 based on 1990 levels?
The Obama administration’s new targets to reduce carbon emissions are a step in the right direction, but we need to demand much more.
If you live in a toxic environment like this, surrounded by refineries, you’re probably not thinking about some future apocalypse. You’re living in one.
An increase in carbon sales to non-OECD countries will help create a humanitarian catastrophe of apocalyptic dimensions.
Think of climate change as a WMD on a particularly long fuse, already lit and there for any of us to see.
Averting planetary disaster will mean forcing fossil fuel companies to give up at least $10 trillion in wealth.
We can, and must, create common ground between the labor and climate movements.
The climate crisis has such bad timing, confronting it not only requires a new economy but a new way of thinking.
Big Carbon is where Big Tobacco was, before it started losing.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
Facebook Like Box