Nation Topics - Civil Rights Activism
News and Features
The state’s rightward lurch mobilized thousands, but the progressive movement behind Moral Mondays has deep, enduring roots.
Reform legislation has stalled, and the private-prison industry is making obscene profits from a captive population.
Sixty years after the decision, it’s worth remembering it took Congress to finally smash Jim Crow.
Bruce Springsteen said it best, on Pete’s ninetieth birthday: “You outlasted the bastards, man.”
How programmers, journalists and immigrant rights advocates are redefining hacking—for immigrant justice.
For years I have written about mass incarceration, while staying mute about drones and other injustices. It is time to connect the dots.
Dr. King’s words in a world awash with surveillance.
On city walls across the country, muralists and street artists depict him as a statesman, visionary, hero and martyr.
Fifty years after King’s historic march, the struggle for racial justice faces unprecedented challenges.
Where has it gone?
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box