Nation Topics - Civil Rights Activism
News and Features
Like the Civil Rights Act, the Wilderness Act brought about justice, but also compassion for the planet.
Black women have made connections between their struggles and those of black men since the 1800s.
We all have different places in the racial hierarchy. But we can still work together for justice.
The career of Hunter Pitts O’Dell is a crucial episode in the hidden history of American radicalism.
Jackson explains how Southern politics dangerously mirror the Old Confederate South and why it’s time for another Reconstruction
There is much to celebrate in Mississippi, and yet America still needs a year of action on voting rights.
The state’s rightward lurch mobilized thousands, but the progressive movement behind Moral Mondays has deep, enduring roots.
Reform legislation has stalled, and the private-prison industry is making obscene profits from a captive population.
Sixty years after the decision, it’s worth remembering it took Congress to finally smash Jim Crow.
Bruce Springsteen said it best, on Pete’s ninetieth birthday: “You outlasted the bastards, man.”
- Patricia Arquette’s Equal Pay Message Needs a Drastic Rewrite
- A 2-Day Revolt at a Texas Private Prison Reveals Everything That’s Wrong with Criminalizing Immigration
- How ‘Islamic’ Is the Islamic State?
- Netanyahu’s Latest Falsehood: The US Didn’t Support the Establishment of Israel
- What Happens if You Refuse to Pay Off Your Student Debt?
Facebook Like Box