Nation Topics - City and County Level Campaigns and Elections
News and Features
Chicago Teachers Union leader Karen Lewis is eyeing Mayor Emanuel’s job.
The mayoral hopeful is one of the most high-profile politicians to come out in support of the growing movement for low-wage workers’ rights.
Why his campaign for NYC mayor has ignited the passion of New York’s progressives.
For the first time in years, class politics are creeping back onto the New York campaign trail.
Last week, eight candidates in New York City's upcoming mayoral election spoke on issues of policing and criminal justice at a forum co-sponsored by The Nation.
I refused to run a negative campaign for New York City Council, focusing instead on community and democratic empowerment.
Meet the man who could be New York’s first transgender City Council member.
A longtime activist, running in a special City Council election, is just what New Orleans needs.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box