Nation Topics - City and County Level Campaigns and Elections
News and Features
The mayoral hopeful is one of the most high-profile politicians to come out in support of the growing movement for low-wage workers’ rights.
Why his campaign for NYC mayor has ignited the passion of New York’s progressives.
For the first time in years, class politics are creeping back onto the New York campaign trail.
Last week, eight candidates in New York City's upcoming mayoral election spoke on issues of policing and criminal justice at a forum co-sponsored by The Nation.
I refused to run a negative campaign for New York City Council, focusing instead on community and democratic empowerment.
Meet the man who could be New York’s first transgender City Council member.
A longtime activist, running in a special City Council election, is just what New Orleans needs.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box