News and Features
A resurgent protest culture fights back against Rahm Emanuel’s austerity agenda.
Last week, eight candidates in New York City's upcoming mayoral election spoke on issues of policing and criminal justice at a forum co-sponsored by The Nation.
Google eats the world.
As part of The Nation's mayoral candidate series, Albanese explains why fixing the education system must begin with a commitment to early learning.
Innovative land management could replenish wetlands and limit flood damage.
CORE’s victory is a boost to social movement unionism—and a model for other unions around the country.
But I’m not giving up on this precious, important city. America shouldn’t either.
As part of The Nation's mayoral candidate series, de Blasio gives his views on how to tackle economic inequality.
Progressive activists can learn important lessons from a successful grassroots campaign against transit racism.
An already-bleak housing and homelessness situation is about to get a lot worse.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box