News and Features
But I’m not giving up on this precious, important city. America shouldn’t either.
As part of The Nation's mayoral candidate series, de Blasio gives his views on how to tackle economic inequality.
Progressive activists can learn important lessons from a successful grassroots campaign against transit racism.
An already-bleak housing and homelessness situation is about to get a lot worse.
New York’s housing crisis has pushed hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers underground.
The state of the city isn't quite as wonderful as the mayor claims.
A writer navigates the empty streets and boarded-up businesses of his childhood.
It seems unbelievable, but land dedicated to the VA for housing veterans has been denied to them—and LA has more homeless vets than any city in America.
The city is at the crossroads of climate change—and, for a host of reasons, an unsustainable future.
Glenn Harris discusses the goals and tactics of Seattle's unique "Race and Social Justice Initiative."
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box