News and Features
Barack Obama deserved the rebuke he received at the polls for a failed economic policy that consisted of throwing trillions at Wall Street but getting nothing in return.
Did the Tea Party set the agenda for last night's elections? Is the Blue Dog coalition done for? Nation contributors Richard Kim, John Nichols and Laura Flanders explain.
Will the GOP get to 218 in the House? To 50 in the Senate? Where does Joe Biden fit in? What about governorships? Legislatures? Redistricting? The fate of the Republic? It's all here.
Results, reactions, and analysis from Nation editors live throughout the night.
The impacts of populism on America's political landscape.
The most dispiriting election of a lifetime.
From Minnesota to Texas to Illinois, the right is using the myth of voter fraud to challenge potentially millions of eligible voters.
Tea Party Activists, the state GOP and Americans for Prosperity are mounting a full-scale assault against unsubstantiated 'voter fraud.'
With attack ads battling it out on airwaves across the country, Chris Hayes asks Stanford professor Shanto Iyengar: do negative ads ever have positive effects?
Watch The Nation's John Nichols, Richard Kim and Laura Flanders on Free Speech TV's election night coverage live.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.