News and Features
We need a new national dialogue to untangle the triumphalist Christian story line that has wrapped itself around our political discourse.
Will the missing issues of gangs, poverty, dropouts, the inner city and policing redefine the presidential debate?
The Nation's Ari Melber explains why the Democratic National Convention will be a game-changer.
By campaigning in the tradition of his hero, Paul Wellstone, Al Franken may have triumphed over the biggest threat to his candidacy--voter skepticism.
How did Hillary go from being simply hawkish on Iran to becoming
completely hellbent on its destruction?
In an open letter to ABC News, a group of journalists and media analysts condemns the network's poor handling of the latest Clinton/Obama faceoff.
The retired Cuban dictator has played a vital role in every U.S. presidential election for the last fifty years.
How Saul Alinsky would plan Obama's inauguration, and his government.
The independent candidate discusses Obama, healthcare, and why the heck he's running.
Nation editor and publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel debates Pat Buchanan on the cost of war, and why The Nation supports Barack Obama.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.