News and Features
In her book Captive Audience, Susan Crawford shows how media giants exert a stranglehold over consumers and government.
Reagan's former budget director's outrage over crony capitalism and bank bailouts is right on, but the pundits don't like it.
Surveys demonstrate remarkably progressive attitudes on everything from taxation to regulation to the environment.
We need a Chamber of Progress, made up of all the green and progressive businesses, to fight the predator state that subsidizes large corporations.
The Democratic senator is introducing legislation to break them up, but he’s in an uphill battle—against not only the GOP but his own party.
The tax savings of 19 US companies that park their money abroad would be more than enough to cover the $85 billion sequester cuts.
It’s because they are so beholden to their big-money contributors that they can’t fight the GOP even on issues that they know have overwhelming public support.
The heat is on big banks and CEOs as labor and community activists band together.
As cuts in services for struggling Americans go into effect, nine Wall Street executives who are profiting off the recession just received $1 billion in bonuses.
Under the leadership of Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the Walmart Foundation used generous gifts to grease the way for store expansions.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today