News and Features
Recollections from Tom Engelhardt and an interview with Schell.
John Judis’s provocative history of US foreign policy toward Israel
Immanuel Velikovsky’s strange quest for a scientific theory of everything
The short stories in The UnAmericans are studies of effusive remoteness and meandering revolution.
How Georgi Markov became the truth-teller of Bulgaria’s communist era, and paid for it with his life.
Dave Eggers’s The Circle; Richard Powers’s Orfeo
Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel, Jiri Menzel’s I Served the King of England, Rithy Panh’s The Missing Picture
The Unbelievable Truth, Trust, The Book of Life, The Girl from Monday and Meanwhile
The unflinching fiction of Ludmilla Petrushevskaya.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box