News and Features
Ed Clark and Lynda Benglis are still making art on a grand scale.
He taught us how to live with loss, and he told us, over and over again, that other utopias are possible.
Not only does capitalist growth not reduce inequality; it increases it.
Capitalism’s new critics take on an economics run amok.
How turning the Murder of Kitty Genovese into a parable erased its particulars.
When US soldiers venture abroad, women’s bodies can become the occupied territories.
Nymphomaniac is Lars von Trier’s latest ode to titillation and traps.
How the literary critic Paul de Man turned evasiveness into authority.
The city and its landscape would not exist were it not for many violations against nature.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box