News and Features
Not only does capitalist growth not reduce inequality; it increases it.
Capitalism’s new critics take on an economics run amok.
How turning the Murder of Kitty Genovese into a parable erased its particulars.
When US soldiers venture abroad, women’s bodies can become the occupied territories.
Nymphomaniac is Lars von Trier’s latest ode to titillation and traps.
How the literary critic Paul de Man turned evasiveness into authority.
The city and its landscape would not exist were it not for many violations against nature.
The Guggenheim’s Futurism exhibition and the Whitney Biennial offer competing visions of present-mindedness.
Squarepop—public squares of refusal—is the broken madness of the world stood on its head.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box