News and Features
Ayn Rand was a melodramatist of the moral life: the battle is between the producer and the moochers, and it must end in life or death.
Snowpiercer mocks what The Lego Movie cheers—a happy world of compulsory production.
John Coltrane and other “lost” musicians of the ’60s are teaching a new generation of artists to bend time and space.
Corporations are not people, money is not speech, and votes must matter more than billionaires’ dollars.
In times of dread, artists must never choose to remain silent.
A more convivial, expansive and life-affirming future is with us now—and the movies can help take us there.
The “logic” of capitalist development has left a nightmare of environmental destruction in its wake.
While honoring the legacy of American communists, a new generation of radicals has chosen to organize under the “socialist” banner.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’