Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Obama breaks new ground when it comes to war with Iran.
Shouldn't it be obvious that birth control coverage is about women's health, not “religious freedom”?
The Obama administration's alternatives to large-scale military operations are, in some ways, far more drastic and dangerous for US interests around the globe.
Betrayal by the “good guys” for whom we have ended up voting has become the norm.
But Washington won't follow through unless the grassroots insurgency of Wisconsin and Occupy grows.
Obama and America's hundred-year struggle over healthcare reform.
The swirl of controversy over Jodi Kantor’s biography reflects deep cultural anxieties about the limits we place on women in power.
With the signing of the National Defense Authorization Act, the president has brought Guantánamo-style justice to the United States.
The defense authorization bill that Congress passed and President Obama had threatened to veto will soon become law, a fact that should be met with public outrage.
The president has started talking like a populist. It took the Occupy movement to make him do it.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box