Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Obama will face a bruising engagement with reality in the months ahead.
Celebrating a new president's promise to respect, empower and include all Americans.
A look inside The Nation's election night party and a glimpse at Obama victory celebrations in Brooklyn.
A fantasy lineup of progressive advisors to help the next president end war, repair alliances and rebuild the economy.
Barack Obama delivers his victory speech after being elected the forty-fourth president of the United States.
A nation riven by differences marvels at
his message of civility and inclusion. Yet there is some worry about an
Obama administration's policies on Africa.
People here are looking in wonderment at the culture that produced Obama and at the people who put him in the White House. In short, they're looking at us.
When the votes were finally counted, Europe's wish to usher George W. Bush into the dustbin of history made for widespread jubilation.
Barack Obama tells Rachel Maddow why he hasn't attacked the Republican party more and how he intends to govern a working majority.
Suddenly, Obama's making a pretty good case for why Americans should once again care for one another.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’