Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Twenty twelve was the hottest year on record—and far past time for the president to lead on climate change.
Here are just a few things the Foreign Relations Committee should be asking Obama’s nominee for secretary of state.
What remains of the initial Obama drive to reach out to Iran with an “engagement that is honed and grounded in mutual respect”?
How did a community organizer and a constitutional law professor become an extrajudicial, drone-happy president?
As the infrastructure of many U.S. cities crumbles, the Pentagon continues to pump over a billion dollars into military bases throughout the Middle East.
In the next four years—and beyond—progressives must create the political space for the president to represent the majority of Americans.
We won, but at what cost? Fool me once, shame on Obama, but fool me twice and I’m the one responsible.
The future of US global power is in space warfare.
In this election, the deepest division was over whether we are all in this together.
A vote for Obama in a swing state is a no-brainer, because, on a host of issues, there is a vast partisan difference that should not be ignored.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box