Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
In his second inaugural address, the president stood for collective action, solidarity, social justice. Now let’s make him act on it.
President Obama’s symbolic recognition of minorities isn’t a substitute for policy, but it does matter.
Cases like that of Weldon Angelos, who was given a fifty-five-year sentence for selling marijuana, cry out for mercy. But calls for clemency have fallen on deaf ears.
Twenty twelve was the hottest year on record—and far past time for the president to lead on climate change.
Here are just a few things the Foreign Relations Committee should be asking Obama’s nominee for secretary of state.
What remains of the initial Obama drive to reach out to Iran with an “engagement that is honed and grounded in mutual respect”?
How did a community organizer and a constitutional law professor become an extrajudicial, drone-happy president?
As the infrastructure of many U.S. cities crumbles, the Pentagon continues to pump over a billion dollars into military bases throughout the Middle East.
In the next four years—and beyond—progressives must create the political space for the president to represent the majority of Americans.
We won, but at what cost? Fool me once, shame on Obama, but fool me twice and I’m the one responsible.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box