Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Obama shouldn't tone down his rhetoric on contentious subjects like racial profiling and executive bonuses. In fact he should emulate politicians of the past who often went off script with stirring results.
President Obama brought the house down at the NAACP centennial celebration with yet another stirring speech on race. But if his deeds don't begin to match his words, he's going to have a lot of explaining to do.
Obama's speech in Ghana neglected to mention structural barriers to African prosperity.
Notwithstanding comparisons to FDR, BHO has proffered far less audacious proposals than we were led to expect.
Why is it easier to raise 3 million tweets for demonstrations in Iran than to twit about Obama's sellouts at home?
Silvio Berlusconi's meeting with Barack Obama today comes at a time when Italy's reckless ruler's grip on power may be slipping.
In the wake of a charismatic speech, it's clear that a substantial majority of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims are rooting for him.
Jon Stewart points out the hypocrisy of withholding the torture photos and the firing openly gay Arabic translator Lt. Dan Choi.
A panel of Nation writers, members of Congress and community activists give their best and worst moments of Obama's first 100 days.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box