Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Building a new political order will take more than one election.
There are the things the president is doing that he said he would do. These actions can draw plenty of criticism, but not genuine shock. Then there are the things he is not doing which he said he would do.
The 2008 election galvanized young voters and organizers. One year later, where are they?
Why Russia and China will sink Washington's Iran policy.
The essays in our forum call into question many of the myths and faulty assumptions about the best course of US policy in Afghanistan.
US Afghanistan policy should not be held hostage to the president's past rhetoric.
It's peculiar, the vocabulary that makes a liability out of the Nobel Prize.
Did the president deserve to win the Nobel Peace Prize? No, of course not. But he still has a chance to earn it.
Just because the United States is trying to be a global team player again doesn't mean the game gets better rules.
People shouldn't take Peace Prizes too seriously except under those rare circumstances when a prize committee somewhere gets it right.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.