Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Is it possible to oppose the war in Afghanistan and still support the president? The Nation's Chris Hayes thinks so.
In making Afghanistan the key to America's national security strategy against terrorism, Obama has chosen to perpetuate some damaging myths.
The expediency of Obama's Afghanistan decision was transparent. Satisfy the generals by sending 30,000 more troops. Satisfy the public with a timeline for beginning withdrawals of those same troops, without a timeline for completing withdrawal.
What's up with Barack Obama? Finally someone has a good idea about how to deal with Wall Street and the White House condemns it.
Since the president took office, his administration has yielded one surrender after another.
Building a new political order will take more than one election.
There are the things the president is doing that he said he would do. These actions can draw plenty of criticism, but not genuine shock. Then there are the things he is not doing which he said he would do.
The 2008 election galvanized young voters and organizers. One year later, where are they?
Why Russia and China will sink Washington's Iran policy.
- Why GOP Control of the Senate Would Be a Disaster
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- The Cowardice of Bill Maher’s Anti-Muslim Bigotry
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
Facebook Like Box