Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Yes, he said the word “climate”—but he hasn’t committed to any of the big steps needed to avert catastrophe.
Under the leadership of Sylvia Mathews Burwell, the Walmart Foundation used generous gifts to grease the way for store expansions.
He may not have achieved the full FDR, but the president’s State of the Union speech, like his Inaugural, displayed a welcome progressive spirit.
Even if we like President Obama, do we want him to be a one-man death panel?
The president's inaugural address touched all the important bases, except one.
Awaiting a Keystone decision, environmentalists make a historic vow to engage in mass civil disobedience.
The New Republic's Jonathan Cohn talks with The Nation's Bryce Covert and George Zornick about what Obama can—and should—tackle in his second term.
There are many measures the president could take to restore civil liberties—if he wanted to.
From Cuba to climate change to criminal justice, progressives must push the president to act—and forge a better future.
Nation readers provided good ideas—and a bit of wariness—when asked how Obamas should use his presidential authority.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box