Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
Was Obama’s appeal to US competitiveness just about beating the Chinese and Indians—or doing right by Americans?
President Obama's full remarks on the State of the Union, January 25, 2011.
What is the state of the union? You certainly couldn’t tell from that platitudinous hogwash that the president dished out.
In year three, will Obama heed the lessons of Clinton or Reagan?
Why are we still in Afghanistan? Might it have something to do with the myth of national security—or, more accurately, national insecurity, since it always tells us who and what to fear?
Bill Clinton embraced the corporate money guys in an effort to purchase a second term. On Tuesday, Barack Obama veered sharply down that same course.
A new edict from the United Nations Security Council could put women at the center of peace processes in Afghanistan and around the world.
It is amazing that folks like Gene Sperling and William Daley, the very people who created this banking meltdown, are rewarded with ever more important positions in our government.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’