Nation Topics - Barack Obama
News and Features
The Obama administration's strategic rebalance is really just a retreat.
In his recent speech, the president offered an unbridled defense of the surveillance state.
With a historic deal in Iran, the Obama administration is one step closer to fulfilling its peacekeeping promise.
The failures, though painful, might force both Republicans and the Obama administration to compromise.
The dream of an environmental president seems to be fading away.
A blueprint for the Barack Obama presidential library.
At ceremonies held around the sixtieth anniversary of the Korean armistice, the president sounded bellicose notes, while failing to mention national unification.
Obama sounds the notes of racial justice at key moments, while asserting unprecedented power to implement policies that are destructive, discriminatory—and embodied by the NYPD commissioner.
It's not just the government and corporations who are tracking your cell and computer use: politicians on the campaign trail are some of the biggest data snoopers around.
There are some hopeful signs, including his recent speech at the National Defense University and a new, less hawkish foreign policy team.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box