Nation Topics - Banking Predatory Lending
News and Features
The SEC has filed a civil suit against Goldman Sachs for their role in exacerbating the sub-prime mortgage crisis by producing risky investment options. On this week's The Breakdown, Hayes discusses the case with blogger, author and economist Simon Johnson.
Nation DC Editor Chris Hayes joins The Rachel Maddow Show to discuss the strategy of both parties on Wall Street reform.
Across the country, the notion of state-owned banks is catching on.
Why leave your money in big banks that brought the financial system to ruin?
The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America helps prevent foreclosures by bringing banks to the negotiating table with mortgage holders.
John Dugan helped create the "too big to fail" economy--so why is he still regulating our banks?
To reform the financial sector, we must break up "too big to fail" conglomerates and reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act.
If banks were people, here's what the full $17.5 trillion bailout would look like.
If Obama leads, the people will rally to his side. A good way to remind voters of the bold change they voted for last fall: ordering a hard cap on executive pay.
Was Phil Gramm truly unaware of the widespread efforts at UBS to defraud the US Treasury?
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box