Nation Topics - Back Talk
News and Features
The director of Film Forum reflects on forty years of programming new releases, The Solitude of Prime Numbers and the rewards of being an autodidact.
A conversation with the translator of Robert Walser's Microscripts about Walser's writing rituals, his Chinese box sentences and the beauty of Zusammenhaengen.
A discussion with the author of Ill Fares the Land about social democracy, trains and our desiccated ethical vocabulary.
A conversation with the author of Hot Stuff: Disco and the Remaking of American Culture about the birth of disco and its transformation of gay life.
A conversation with the author of From Disgust to Humanity about various forms of opposition to gay equality.
A conversation with the author of The Professor about her affair with an older woman and the journals of Susan Sontag.
A conversation with the director of La Danse about the discipline of ballet--and documentary filmmaking.
A conversation with the author of Ordinary Injustice about why the right to trial is no protection against a shoddy legal system.
A conversation with the author of Homer and Langley about opting out.
A conversation with the former frontman of Pulp about the sound of music in the digital era.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box