Nation Topics - Axis of Evil
News and Features
It was Dick Cheney, more than any other official, who set the terms for the post-9/11 world we all share.
The bill now being pushed by the neocons and AIPAC could destroy the most promising developments in a decade.
In a clear challenge to hardliners, President-elect Hassan Rouhani vowed, ‘I have come to destroy extremism.’
Pyongyang's bellicose posturing conforms to an old pattern, but the dangers may be greater now because tensions are rising throughout the region.
With the recent US setbacks and scandals in Iraq, you'd think the White House would abandon the President's aggressive, unilateralist military policy--the "Bush Doctrine"--and seek to avoid new c
We can't yet find the nukes and gas,
Though we have looked in every section.
But we may find them in Iran--
And just before the next election.
In this space last week, I commented that the choice for the United
States in North Korea was probably between a catastrophic war and
permitting North Korea to keep its nuclear program and its
These are dangerous times. George W. Bush is set to make another State
of the Union address.
Doomed by the incoherence of a foreign policy defined largely by biblical notions of the struggle between good and evil, the Bush Administration thrashes about in its hunt for the devil.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box