News and Features
The happy ending to Hollywood’s summer: not guy gets girl but guy gets job.
A call for architects to refuse to design chambers of living death.
David Lowery’s Ain’t Them Bodies Saints, Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium, Andrew Bujalski’s Computer Chess
Two photographers focus on the difficulties of putting words to what one sees.
An online dustup between two pop star penseurs shows them staggering through afterlives.
A painter who never lost sight of life’s being perpetually in transition.
Martín Adan’s The Cardboard House; José Manuel Prieto’s Encyclopedia of a Life in Russia
Woody Allen’s Blue Jasmine; Sophia Coppola’s The Bling Ring; Ryan Coogler’s Fruitvale Station
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box