News and Features
How did a journalist whose career was devoted to exposing injustice end up writing a film like Zero Dark Thirty?
In her printmaking the artist searched for a constantly elusive vision.
The cameras no longer look at us because we’re famous; we’re famous because they look at us to death.
Why is Léon Krier defending anew the work of the Third Reich’s master builder?
Ralph Lemon’s Come Home Charley Patton
The war between democracy and aristocracy in Janet Malcolm’s Forty-One False Starts.
Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, Richard Linklater’s Before Midnight
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box