Nation Topics - Arms and Spending Proliferation
News and Features
Senators Carl Levin and James Inhofe’s call to send weapons into a war zone is a transparent ploy to provoke Russia.
Prime Minister Netanyahu promotes and sometimes manufactures an endless series of national security crises. The military and settlers win; everyone else loses.
Why you should expect more bombs to be dropped everywhere.
The presidential run-off this weekend and talks with the FARC are obscuring horrific violence in places like Buenaventura—and US multinationals are deeply implicated.
Despite the uproar over reductions to defense funding, less than 1 percent of the Pentagon's beefy $550 billion budget will be cut this year.
Re-purposing America's war machine.
But will weak protections against human rights abuses undermine the treaty’s intent?
Not once has Obama’s nominee voted to reject a defense budget.
Why are US taxpayers still forced to pay billions of dollars for US military bases?
The future of US global power is in space warfare.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box