Nation Topics - Are Republicans and Democrats the Same?
News and Features
These days everyone wants to ‘create opportunity,’ but few want a class war.
I wish, just once, an endorsement of a Democratic presidential candidate would mull over some serious structural issues that are at stake.
Five key topics you won't hear discussed in Wednesday's debate.
This is the most polarized presidential choice since 1980. Yet issues fundamental to the nation’s future have been excluded from the debate.
For a quarter-century, they have been tightly controlled by the major political parties to protect the status quo. It’s time for a change.
The former Salt Lake City mayor is mounting an unlikely protest against American plutocracy.
While Peter King’s hearings on Muslim “radicalization” were controversial, they draw on a long history of US policy that has demonized Islam, under Republicans and Democrats alike.
Most Americans want pretty much the same outcome from healthcare reform, and it’s not what either major-party candidate is offering.
On key issues pertaining to the economic crisis, voters should expect "razor-thin" differences between President Obama and Mitt Romney.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box