Nation Topics - Arab Awakening
News and Features
Syrians fleeing the fighting at home have found themselves targeted amid Egypt’s political upheaval.
Life here has shrunk politically, geographically and socially, with the vast majority of the public high on fascistic nationalism.
President Obama was right to seek congressional approval to strike Syria—but a bipartisan coalition must turn him down.
There are both practical and humanitarian reasons to oppose US airstrikes in response to the horrific chemical weapons attack.
At least seventy-four people were killed in skirmishes between Morsi supporters and armed men this weekend.
Egypt cannot have a future as a viable, pluralistic democracy without the Muslim Brotherhood’s participation.
Deadly clashes shock a nation fresh off the heels of a military coup.
Washington again displays its hypocrisy by failing to label the arrest of Egypt’s freely elected president by the military a coup.
If no one can rule and power-sharing is impossible, what now?
A special report from behind rebel lines. Says one fighter, ‘The hatred in our hearts is growing. I worry that one day it will be bigger than our dreams.’
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
- Paul Ryan’s Faux Populism Isn’t Going to End Poverty or Reduce Inequality
- Why Is a Nice Network Like MSNBC Silencing Protest Over Pro-Israeli Coverage?
Facebook Like Box