News and Features
Where their interests overlap, progressive politics can thrive.
In a second Obama term, we must organize to win a new social contract for a new economy.
In this election and after, we need to write a new story for our changing nation that places care and connection at the center.
The reverend sat down with The Nation to talk about his humanitarian trip to Africa and poverty in America.
Members of the Russian punk band Pussy Riot will soon get a chance to appeal their sentence of two years in prison on charges of "hooliganism."
The student-led movement scored a victory in the election, with the new government repealing tuition hikes. But the grievances behind the mass protests still lurk.
Like ACT UP's action at Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Pussy Riot's Punk Prayer at Christ the Savior was both a political protest and a sincere religious performance.
It's time we kick the “lesser of two evils” excuse and engage in a true political conversation.
We spoke with organizers, union workers and students in debt who all seem to agree that Occupy isn't over.
The US media continue to turn their backs as Bahraini activists stage a revolution.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth