News and Features
This multiracial, multi-issue progressive coalition is not only remobilizing in North Carolina—its model of activism is now spreading all over the South.
A funny thing happened on the way to the fiscal cliff: real people fought back.
The author of The Flamethrowers weighs in on literary inspiration, motorcycle crashes and why radicals prefer hardcover.
Progress can’t be made toward a just settlement between Israel and Palestine until Washington quits arming one side to the teeth.
There’s a growing effort to merge economic-justice and climate activism. Call it climate democracy.
Could one of them be on the road to the Supreme Court?
Many gay activists insist that they were born this way, hey. But what about those who choose otherwise?
The millions of miles of distribution and service pipelines crisscrossing the nation mean that countless Americans—even those living far from gas fields—find themselves on the frontlines of fracking.
Bruce Springsteen said it best, on Pete’s ninetieth birthday: “You outlasted the bastards, man.”
Pete’s fingers can strum no longer, but, thanks to him, people around the world can have many “singing tomorrows.”
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box