News and Features
Ken Ward and Jay O'Hara are reminiscent of the human-centered, Quaker-inspired anti-nuke founders of Greenpeace.
After the defeat of DOMA, the LGBTQ movement needs to push beyond marriage equality.
Activists are already moving ‘from outrage to action’ in fighting the Supreme Court’s awful VRA decision.
In Russia, activists struggle against rising homophobia and a government crack down on LGBT rights.
As Kimberly McCarthy was put to death—the 500th Texas prisoner executed since 1982—protesters and crime victims alike came to bear witness.
Close encounters of the lower-tech kind.
Taking inspiration from small strikes and actions over the past few years, OUR Walmart activists struck a note of dissent at the corporation’s annual party.
Hundreds of activists are braving arrest weekly to protest the state’s assault on democracy and the social safety net.
David Graeber’s account of Occupy Wall Street is essential—and somewhat maddening in its insistence on heightening the differences between anarchists and liberals.
From stopping wage theft to organizing carwasheros, victories have come from meeting workers where they live.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box